Friday, July 25, 2008

Parading Prideful Peacock

Here is my last entry for a few weeks for Layers of Color Challenge:Exotic Birds. I will be vacationing with family at the Oregon Coast. My absolute favorite place to relax with my family.
The Peacock has been a symbol of pride and vanity, but I thought he was the perfect subject for the Exotic Bird theme this week. The Bible has lots to say about pride for example:
Proverbs 1:11-3
1 The LORD abhors dishonest scales,
but accurate weights are his delight.
2 When pride comes, then comes disgrace,
but with humility comes wisdom.
3 The integrity of the upright guides them,
but the unfaithful are destroyed by their duplicity

Genius and virtue are to be more often found clothed in gray than in peacock bright.
~Van Wyck Brooks
Be back soon!

7 comments:

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Marvelous, Heather! I love the red, the plaid, the music and the image. Really beautiful! We look forward to seeing you at the coast!
Hugs and Love until then!

Anonymous said...

Its gorgeous. Love the layout

RubyMay said...

Beautiful piece hon and I do like the way you have tied your artwork to a text.
I hope you have the most wonderful holiday ever x

Anonymous said...

Wonderful piece! I love especially the torn piece of paper. Enjoy your holiday!

Barbara Hagerty said...

A beautiful piece of art! Have a wonderful, refreshing vacation!!

RubyMay said...

Heather your blog is so inspiring that I have named you for the Stempel award. Details are on my blog under awards. I do hope you will accept it and in turn nominate 5 people who inspire you x

Karen Owen said...

Heather, this is gorgeous! I started using a peacock for my piece too, but in the end I went with something else. Enjoy your vacation and come home refreshed and ready to make some more beautiful art!