Monday, August 11, 2008

Ode to My Lavender

I created this sweet lavender fairy tussie mussie to watch over my harvested lavender while I was away I'm hoping she will do a good job although she does have a bit of an impish grin on her face...I wonder what she is thinking?

"ladies fair, I bring to you lavender with spikes of blue;
sweeter plant was never found
growing on our English ground."
Caryl Battersby

"And lavender, whose spikes of azure bloom shall be,
ere-while, in arid bundles bound
to lurk admist the labours of her loom,
and crown her kerchiefs witl mickle rare perfume."
William Shenstone The School Mistress 1742

"There’s flowers for you;Hot lavender, mints, savory, marjoram;
The marigold, that goes to bed wi’ the sun,And with him rises weeping;
thes are flower Of middle summer,
and I thek they are given To men of middle age."
William Shakespeare The Winter’s Tale

4 comments:

Sally L. Smith said...

How Pretty! Just cruising the web tonight before bed and thought I'd stop in and say "Hi". I'll read up on what you're up to before I turn in. Come visit.
Sally

Nita Jo said...

That is a beautiful tussie mussie, and I loved the quotes!

Nita Jo

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

"The air was fragrant with a thousand trodden aromatic herbs, with fields of lavender, and with the brightest roses blushing in tufts all over the meadows. " William Cullen Bryant

Beautiful tussie - I hope she behaved!

Dianne Adams said...

Beautiful piece!