Thursday, September 11, 2008

A is for Apples~Girl Time Tidbit #5

It has been a bumper crop for apples this year...for everyone around me! This year we were busy making apple everything, quite exciting! I know I have written it before but I just love the feeling of seeing something from planting, to harvesting, to producing it into something for my family, there is an organic element to it that is spiritual and very fullfilling to me!
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
Ecclesiastes 3:1

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live.
Ecclesiastes 3:10-12
The kids and I have made chunky cinnamon applesauce, carmel apple butter, and lots of dried apples for snacking on. This year we bought 2 dehydrators at Goodwill for $10.00 and have enjoyed this new part of our harvesting routine. In past years I have just canned everything. But this had been a wonderful change. Never forget you are the apple of His eye!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love applesauce! Looks scrumptious!