Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hey Homeschoolers! How about Art?

left to right: my 7 yrs.old, my 10 yrs. old, and my 13 yrs. old

Hey fellow homeschoolers! I thought you might like to see what we have been up to in art. I have to brag on these three kids of mine- I am so in love with their artwork. Each one put such care and effort into making these masterpieces! Don't you just love them?

We are studying 3 artists every six weeks. This first one I'm sure you can recognize ...Vincent Van Gogh. We created 2 of his paintings trying to emulate his techniques. Wheat Fields and Cypresses was done in acryilic paint and texture medium and Starry Night was done on dark navy color paper and oil pastels.

1 comment:

melody said...

wow ~ i just saw your kiddos ages..that is amazing..beautiful paintings!