Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Last Girly Birthday Party

My second born daughter celebrated her 10th birthday. In our household, I have promised each of the kids 10yrs worth of birthday party extravaganza (what was I thinking?) So, with that being said, this was the last big birthday party she would be getting. So we had to do it up right. Imagine this: 8 girls 10-12 yrs. old, cucumber eye masks, dance-freeze, smoothies, pepperoni pizza, nail polish, slippers and P.J.s, and facials. Can we just say SO MUCH FUN!!!! We had such a blast (moms included!) Talk about silly, one of the girls asked if she could eat the cucumbers when she was done with them on her eyes. We all giggled at that one!

My sweet ten year old had the time of her life and I was telling her afterward that she has the sweetest friends. Each one is so beautiful and full of sweetness especially, on the inside. What is even more special is they all love the Lord. She smiled and agreed. It was such a pleasure to give this last great party to her.

I have vowed that this year I would make all my gifts. I have enjoyed this so much and I think that everyone that I have made something for has been delighted. It is so nice to get a gift that is made from the heart! This is what I made her for her birthday. I made her a plaque for her room with a bible verse on it that I think is appropriate for her right now in her life. It is:

Do not let your adornment be merely outward arranging of the hair, wearing gold or putting on fine apparel-rather let it be the hidden person of the heart. With the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit which is
very precious in the sight of God.

1 Peter3:3-4


I use a canvas board that is 6x12 and decoupaged a beautiful peony flower napkin to the front along with the bible verse. The bottom of the napkin had a wonderful stripey border in fuchsia, green and pink. I aged the edges with oil pastels and then embellished with silk and velvet flowers, beaded bobbles, and leaves. I trimmed it with scalloped craft pearls at the bottom and strung a beautiful striped ribbon to hang it from. Then I put on a bit of sparkly glitter.
For the final touches, I lined the back with paper and wrote a sentimental birthday wish to bless her. She has it hanging in her room in a very nice spot.
Now onto my youngest son...what do you make a pirate for his birthday?

5 comments:

Sherry said...

Oh so lovely!! Welcome to the AVP web ring -- love your website and your blog!!

I'm also a pink artist -- isn't this one of the most incredible projects?? It touches my heart as a breast cancer survivor and I am so pleased to have been able to contribute!!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

What very special gifts you have given your daughter. A beautiful work of art with love from God to guide her and childhood memories to cherish forever. You are a fabulous artist and mother!
Creatively Yours, Laura

Unknown said...

Sounds like such a blast! Lovely gift you made...I am sure it will stay with her for a long time! What a great mom you are!

blessings said...

Just hopped over from Painted White and I'm so glad to have "met" you! I can't wait to get to know you a little better. Blessings.. Polly

Unknown said...

I love the piece you made for your daughter's BDay - so pretty!! When you figure out the pirate thing, please let me know!! Mine wants to do a Pirate Party for his 5th BDay and I would like to make him something (besides his regular scrapbook page) to remember it by!