Thursday, May 8, 2008

Hip Hip Horray-It's May



My Lilacs are Blooming! My Lilacs are blooming!

Oh, they smell so heavenly-especially, when they are carried on the evening breeze warmed by the days sun! My goodness! I have been vigorously, and I mean vigorously, working in my garden. This year I redid two of my delapidated beds. Phew! talk about a tilling the soil with the sweat of your brow! Ah, but those sweet and tender sun ripened strawberries will sure be worth all the toil now!

This year I decided to try my hand at Dahlias. Yippee! I am excited to see those beauties bloom forth! And it is a fruiting year for us too. We should have lots of apples and pears, along with rhubarb, blueberries and raspberries. I will also plant tomatoes, beans, spinach, lettuce, arugula, dill and rainbow carrots. Should be a wonderful and hopefully bountiful season.


I have also realized that my wonderful chickens can not be in my garden, boy they can be naughty girls sometimes! But boy are they cute.


Like they say, you can take the girl outta the country but you can't take the country outta the girl! Yeee Haw and Thank God!

No comments: