Sunday, May 4, 2008

A Thousand Gifts

This week was a hard week especially the last couple of days. So I am eeking this out with the last ounce of energy, hopefully it will be glorifying to the Lord and change my attitude.

I am grateful for a life lived with trial, it is through trial I have gained character. It is through suffering that some of the hard edges of pride and haughtiness have been struck off. It is through perseverance that these edges are worn smooth. Press on. Remember to die to self is to gain.

I am grateful I can forgive those who have wrong me.

I am grateful to have a life filled with a longing to continue to learn new things about myself
even when they are things I may not like.

Then I am grateful to posess the will to change it and the Holy Spirit who can transform the heart from the inside out. It is nice to know I don't have to do it all by myself!

I grateful for a plot of land to till and get my fingers dirty in.

I'm grateful for a tired sore body that tells me I have accomplished something today.

No comments: