Thursday, January 29, 2009

Creative Home Touches

I love decorating my home and I love making old things new! Recently, I took a pillow sham I have covering a throw pillow, and gave it a bit of creative new life. I love this fabric and its soft tones but I thought it could use a few more subtle details to add some texture and dimension.

I used a new stamp design from Layers of Color called Nature Walk. I used the largest stamp in the set, the flourish, and VersaMagic multi -surface chalk ink pad in Jumbo Java and stamped directly onto the fabric. This is my favorite ink ever. I use it so much I am due for a new ink pad soon. See how the stamp gives an added dimension and texture. Just enough to make it new!

2 comments:

melody said...

wow ~ how clever to use on a pillow! absolutely beautiful

bee'nme said...

Wow Heather - I never in a million years would have thought to use a stamp on an existing pillow - it turned out so great - just lovely!! Oh and girl - your Valentine tags in the *french fry* box from your newest post are just stunning! I love how you think girl! And YES, I definitely find long-lost treasures when I am cleaning up an area...particularly my studio. I am moving/packing now and I am finding long lost goodies daily :o)

Have a great, creative week!

Hugs and Blessings,
Becky S.
Just Bee 'n Me