Monday, November 10, 2008

Women's Retreat-Live, Laugh and Love

Live Well, Laugh Often, and Love Much!

Got home a couple of days ago from our annual women's retreat at church. Can we just say F-U-N! I had a wonderful time with my sisters in the Lord. We learned a ton from Sari O'Malley our speaker. She was such an encourager and spoke the truth of God's word over us so that we can Live well, Laugh often and Love much. What a total blessing. I have heard some of what she talked about before but, she illuminated it with the love of Christ like no one I have heard. I could tell it was her true desire to be there sharing her heart and insights with us as she lovingly taught us the healing power of Christ's love.

It was so good for me to get away from the day to day and spend time doing the things I love with some of my favorite people- my sisters in Christ.

This is what we made for a craft.

We also made a wonderful shakers full of bath salts (as in salt shakers-get it?)and embellished them with beautiful tags and ribbons. Just can't get enough gold glitter! I even blinged out my name tag with a bit of gold glitter. Too cute!

I made this for the speaker's podium.

Details of pendant medallion

The lodge where we met for meals and our speaker time had a black, cream and gold theme. It was very creatively decorated with white Christmas lights, candles and lots of carry over ideas from the craft using the Layers of Color Fleur Stamp. All Around the room were paper rosettes similar to the medallion on the craft, made from newspaper and the center of the medallions blown up and decoupaged onto paper plates. Now that is what I call creative.

The tables had black and white patterned paper and the words live, laugh, love cut out and golden leaves from the maple trees at camp all nicely arranged under clear protective plastic table cloths. There were large Hurricane jars with golden Japanese maple branches in them and pumpkins with different black and white ribbon. Black and cream Toile was draped over tables, counters and large surfaces and Toile covered pillows were added to the couches. The final touch of ambiance came from the toasty fire in the fireplace! Didn't I tell you it was fabulous?

I had planned on getting there and taking lots of pictures so that I could brag on my sisters but guess what? No I didn't forget my camera... I FORGOT the card in my card reader at home. So you will just have to use your imagination and trust me when I say that it was glowing with warmth, smiles, hugs, and friendship!

2 comments:

Amy Sutter said...

How beautiful!!! Sounds like a dreamy retreat :-)
Blessings,
Amy

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Wow, what a special weekend! Sounds like God use those wonderful talents he gave you to inspire and bless many! I'm so glad you were refreshed by it!

Maybe you could get photos from someone else at the retreat.

Beautiful explanations and gorgeous creative artwork you contributed!